Aromas of light coffee, plum and cherry follow through to a full body with a wealth of dried fruit and hints of figs.
It was a great vintage!!! and this wine represented very well. You can drink now but also store for 15 years without any problem!!!
The Ciacci Piccolomini d’Aragona estate is located on the south east slope of the municipality of Montalcino, close to the medieval village of Castelnuovo dell’Abate and to the famous Romanesque Abbey of Sant’Antimo, which dates back to the 11th century. The estate has origins that date back to the 17th century and it still keeps its historical heritage in a building called “Palazzo” (Palace) that was built by Fabivs de' Vecchis, Bishop of Montalcino and Abbot of Sant’Antimo Abbey.
After the Bishop’s death, the Palace and the surrounding estate were auctioned according to the Italian law regarding ecclesiastic properties and on September 16, 1868, they were purchased by the countess Eva Bernini Cerretani. On December 31, 1877, the countess Cerretani sold the entire estate to the Ciacci family from Castelnuovo dell’Abate. After the marriage between the count Alberto Piccolomini d’Aragona, a direct discendent of Enea Silvio Piccolomini (Pope Pius II) and Elda Ciacci, the Bishop’s Palace became the Ciacci Piccolomini d’Aragona Palace.
In 1985 the countess Elda Ciacci bequeathed the entire property to Giuseppe Bianchini, farmer of the estate since a lot of years, applying a completely brand new and forefront philosophy production for that period, increasing quantity, quality of wines and opening the export worldwide. Giuseppe, unfortunately passed away in February 2004, left the business to his son and daughter, Paolo and Lucia.